Analyst - Workforce Management
Who you’ll work with
You will work in close collaboration with the Business Intelligence team and operational supply leaders to ensure consistent tracking and forecasting. You will support reporting tasks and analyses related to work force management, as well as supply and demand in collaboration. Additionally, in close collaboration with operational supply leaders, you will define and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOC) for planning activities along different time horizons.
You will carry out resource planning activities with a focus on longer-term, global, strategic planning (e.g., for budgeting, recruiting), while also ensuring support for operational planning. Lastly, you will develop and expand supply and demand related metrics, frameworks, processes, and tools.
- Degree in business, economics, math or science discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication/language skills in English (minimum C1plus - CEFR1 or equivalent)
- Initial professional experience in a English-speaking customer service environment
- IT literacy and experience in working with Microsoft Office, especially Excel (manipulating data/statistical and advanced analytical know-how and working with databases a plus)
- Subject-matter experience in workforce management/labor/resource planning is an asset
- Ability to build strong and trustworthy relationships with others and effectively contribute to a highly collaborative work environment
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge and experience across regional and institutional organizational boundaries
- Open mindset towards change for continuous improvement
- Analytics, problem-solving and creativity, numerical agility/affinity for working with (big) data, communicating complex and technical issues
- Learning agility, self-driven mind-set, team work and openness to interact across cultures