General Accountant - German speaker
Who you'll work with
You will be a part of our finance team and will be based in our Poznan office. You will provide financial support in the area of general accounting to our offices across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
What you'll do
In this role you will focus on general accounting activities including financial account analysis, month-end closing, reconciliation of financial statement accounts and recording monthly journal entries into the general ledger system.
You will be responsible for performing monthly financial closing (AP, AR, FA & GL), preparing detailed bank reconciliations, identifying and correcting all outstanding items, reconciling balance sheets, recording various transactions such as client billings, client receipts, account receivables, adjustments and fixed asset transactions,
You will also allocate and approve entries, work closely with other functions (Accounts Payable, Expense Reimbursement and Payment teams) to better understand all outstanding issues and to ensure resolution in a timely manner, perform monthly financial closing (AP, AR, FA & GL), allocate monthly expenses across all client projects for overhead allocations and other relevant entries, process all financial reclassification entries to correctly restate client and non-client work in process (WIPs).
- University degree, preferably in Finance & Accounting
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience in a professional services environment
- Good knowledge of Accounting concepts
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in English and German
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of MS Access and Oracle desirable
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work and stay focused under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Attention to details
- Ability to maintain high integrity and embrace the sensitivity of confidential information
- Ability to build strong and trustworthy relationships with others and to effectively contribute to a highly collaborative work environment